- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage -- casings removed
- 2 medium onions -- chopped - 1 cup)
- 1 jars (7 ounces) roasted red -- peppers, drained
- 2 clove garlic -- finely chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green -- chilis, drained
- 8 teaspoons flour tortillas*
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack or -- hot pepper cheese (8
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
*substitute: 16 Six-inch corn tortillas for Flour tortillas. overlap 4 Tortillas for each layer. Cook sausage, onions and garlic in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is done; drain. Stir in green chilies; set aside.Heat oven to 400°.
Grease pie plate, 10 X 1-1/2 inches. Place 2 tortillas in pie plate. Spread half of the sausage mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Place 2 tortillas on cheese. Spread with beans. Place 2 tortillas on beans and place peppers on tortillas. Place 2 tortillas on peppers.
Spread with remaining sausage mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and center is hot. Cool 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with salsa, sour cream or Guacamole if desired.