- 8 ounces smoked beef link sausage, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen okra
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid hot pepper sauce hot cooked rice for accompaniment
Prepare rice according to package directions.
In a large saucepan, combine sliced link sausage, water, stewed tomatoes, frozen okra, thyme, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in liquid hot pepper sauce. Serve over the cooked rice.