- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 very ripe medium bananas or 4 large, mashed
- 4 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter two 9-x-5 inch loaf pans. Cream the sugar and butter until light and whipped-creamy. Add the bananas, eggs, lemon juice and orange rind until blended.
Sift together the dry ingredients and fold into banana mixture until mixed together. Pour batter into the prepared pans. Bake for 45 - 55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean in middle and edges pull away from pans.
Cool loaves on racks for 30 minutes before removing them from pans. Makes 2 loaves. This bread freezes well.