- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can spicy chili beans, undrained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can light red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 (5.5 to 6.5-ounce) package cornbread mix
- 4 ounces (1 cup) deli co-jack cheese, shredded
Combine corn, chili beans, kidney beans and tomatoes in 10-inch skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil (4 to 5 minutes).
Meanwhile, prepare cornbread batter according to package directions, stirring in 1/4 cup shredded cheese. (DO NOT Bake.)
Spoon cornbread batter over bean mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (14 to 16 minutes). Remove from heat. Sprinkle mixture with remaining cheese. Cover; let stand until cheese is melted (1 to 2 minutes).