- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn with red and greenpeppers, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can vegetarian or turkey chili with beans
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) uncooked medium dried pasta shells
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- sour cream, if desired
- corn chips, if desired
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
In same pan combine cooked pasta, chili and corn. Cook over medium heat until heated through (2 to 3 minutes).
To serve, place 1 cup lettuce on each salad plate; top with 1 cup chili mixture, 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 tablespoon green onion. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with sour cream and corn chips.