- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can salmon, or 2 (7 1/2-ounce) cans, drained and flaked
- 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans vegetarian vegetable soup, ready to eat, or 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed soup, diluted with 1 can of water
- 3 cups vegetable juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, small dice
- 2 cups fresh tomato, small dice
- 1/2 cup red and green bell pepper, small dice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespooons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 lime wedges
- liquid hot pepper sauce, to taste
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Drain and flake salmon; set aside in refrigerator.
In a large bowl, mix all remaining ingredients together except limes. Taste, adding salt and pepper as needed; place in refrigerator to chill, 2 to 4 hours.
To serve, mix the salmon into the chilled soup. Ladle into 6 soup bowls and garnish with additional cilantro and a lime wedge.