- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans in chili sauce, undrained
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup loose-pack frozen whole corn kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat saute turkey, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink. Add water, tomatoes, beans, soup, corn, chiles and black pepper. Heat until mixture is bubbly; reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute tortilla strips in the 2 tablespoons oil for 30 seconds or until lightly browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Add tortilla strips to turkey stew just before serving to let them soften.