- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 (1-pound 12-ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 package Mexican style "Sloppy Joe" seasoning mix
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (5 1/2 -ounce) package Doritos Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips, slightly crushed
- 3/4 pound Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
Sauté onion in oil; add tomatoes, seasoning mix and green chilies. Simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes. In greased, deep 2-quart casserole, layer ingredients in the following order: sauce, crushed Doritos Tortilla Chips, Monterey Jack cheese, sauce, Monterey Jack cheese. Top with sour cream. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese, bake 10 minutes longer.
Makes 6-8 servings.