- 3 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, minced (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 medium red pepper, minced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp milk
- 2 jars (9 to 10-1/2 oz each) Tuscan peppers or pepperoncini, drained (about 28 peppers)
In a non-stick 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until bacon is browned. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings.
In drippings in skillet, cook shallots and red pepper over medium heat, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
In small bowl, wiht mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add bacon and shallot mixture and beat until just combined. Spoon cream-cheese mixture into heavy-weight plastic bag with 1 corner cut out to make a 1/4-inch opening.
With small knife, cut a slit lengthwise in each pepper, being careful not to cut all the way through peppers. Squeeze cream-cheese mixture into peppers; cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.