- 2 Tabelspoons of Olive Oil.
- 2 Cups of chopped onion.
- 1/4 Cup of chopped bell pepper.
- 1 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- 1/2 Cup of dry white wine.
- 4 Cups of chopped fresh or canned tomatoes.
- 1 Tabelspoon of minced garlic.
- 1 Tabelspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 Cup of tomato sauce.
- Salt to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed dried mint.
- Ground cayenne pepper or Louisiana hot sauce to taste.
- 2 pounds of raw peeled shrimp.
In a large, high-walled skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell pepper, and parsley, and sauté' until the onions are clear.
Stir in the wine, tomatoes, garlic, Worestershire, tomato sauce, salt, mint, and pepper, then cover and cook over medium heat until the sauce comes to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour until the tomatoes fall apart.
Add the shrimp and continue simmering 15 to 20 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Serve over cooked rice with a green salad and garlic toast.