- 1 md Fennel bulb; trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 md Onion; cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 c Broccoli flowerets ( 8 oz)
- 2 md Red sweet peppers; seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 c White wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic; minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Fresh basil; snipped
- 6 oz Rotini or penne pasta; (1-1/2 cups uncooked)
- 1 c Tomatoes; chopped
- 1/4 c Fresh Parmesan cheese; grated
Place fennel and onion in a shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with the 2 tablespoons oil, tossing to coat vegetables. Bake, uncovered, in a 425 degree F. oven for 25 minutes. Stir in broccoli and red sweet peppers. Roast 10 minutes more or till vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from oven. Stir in cannellini beans.
Combine vinegar, the 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake well. Drizzle over roasted vegetable and bean mixture.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Toss with roasted vegetable and bean mixture. Spoon into a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Refrigerate dressing, tightly covered, up to 1 day.
450 cal, 20 g total fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 59 g carbo, 14 g dietary fiber, 17 g protein.