- 4 single chicken breasts, (16 oz. raw weight) skinned, boned, washed, cut in 1" strips
- 3 teaspooons Canola oil
- 1/2 recipe Cajun spice sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Burgundy
- 1 large onion, cut in 1/4 inch strips
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 pound mushrooms, cleaned, peeled, sliced
In a large, deep skillet, sauté chicken strips in oil. When well browned on both sides, add Cajun spice sauce, water, and Burgundy. Simmer over medium low heat for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Just 5 minutes before serving, add onion, pepper, and mushrooms. Simmer until veggies and just hot, but still crisp. Serve over rice.