- 4 each Breasts, chicken, halves, broiler/fryer, boned, skinned
- 1 1/3 cups Walnuts, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic, powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons Oil, olive, divided
- 1/3 cup Onion, green, whole, sliced
- 1/2 cup Sherry, cooking
- 1/2 cup Jam, raspberry, seedless
- 1/4 cup Juice, lime
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander
In a shallow dish, mix the walnuts, garlic powder, salt and pepper well. In second shallow dish, place the beaten egg. Dip the chicken, (one piece at a time) first in the beaten egg, then in the walnut mixture, turning to coat. In a sauté pan, place two tablespoons of oil and heat over medium flame.
Add chicken and cook, turning, about 10 minutes or until chicken is brown on all sides and fork tender. Remove chicken; set aside and keep warm. To the same sauté pan, add the remaining tablespoon of oil, any remaining walnut mixture, and onion; cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add sherry, jam, lime juice, and coriander.
Heat to boiling and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until thick. Spoon sauce over chicken.