- 1 2-4 lb. whole hen
- 1/ 2 cup margarine or butter
- 2 medium size onions
- 2 medium size green peppers
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms
- 1 small can pimentos
- 1/2 small bottle Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1 lb. Egg Noodles
- 1 small can of English Peas(young, tender, are best)
Chop finely onions, peppers, and mushrooms.
Cook hen in boiling water in a large saucepan. Reserve the broth. When chicken is done, debone and cut into small pieces. Place the chopped onions, peppers, mushrooms, pimentos, and put into a skillet with the margarine or butter. Sauté until tender.
Add Tabasco sauce and Worcestershire sauce to the sautéed vegetables. Cook noodles in broth 10 minutes and salt and pepper to taste. Add cut up chicken, sautéed vegetables to egg noodles and broth. Add more broth for very moist consistency and bring to a boil before serving.