- 3 cups Arugula, chopped and tough stems removed
- 1/4 cup Italian parlsey leaves
- 1/4 cup Pine nuts
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 T Butter, softened
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Farfalle
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes, halves
Put arugula, parsley, pine nuts, and garlic in blender and chop coarse. With machine running, add olive oil in steady stream. Transfer pesto to a bowl and stir in parmesan cheese, butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook farfalle to taste.
Drain, reserving some cooking liquid. Toss pasta with arugula pesto and cherry tomatoes. Thin sauce, as desired, with some additional cooking liquid. Serve with additional grated parmesan cheese.